Puran poli is a sweet flatbread stuffed with a sweet lentil filling made from husked spilt bengal gram (chana dal) and jaggery.
It is very popular in Maharashtra and southern India…super easy to make and is soo unique in taste.
Give this recipe a try and fall in love with these indian delicacies 🤗
– 1 cup chana dal
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 3 cup water
– 1 tsp oil
– 1 cup jaggery
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
– 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
– 1cup wheat flour / atta
– 1 cup all purpose flour / maida
– 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– Water to knead
– Ghee for roasting
1) Firstly in a large bawl take 1 cup chana dal and soak for 3 hours .
2) Now in a pressure cooker transfer the soaked chana dal along with 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp oil and water .
3) Pressure cook on medium flame for 2-3 whistles .
4) Once the pressure settles down open the cooker and drain off the water .
5) Take cooked chana dal in the kadai and add 1 cup jaggery . Mix well until the jaggery melts.
6) Continue to mix by mashing the chana dal. Cook until the mixture thickens and starts to separate from the pan.
7) Cool the mixture and transfer the mixture to the mixi. Also add nutmeg powder & cardamom powder .
8) Blend to smooth paste without adding any water .
1) Firstly in a large bowl take 1 cup wheat flour 1 cup maida, 1/4 tsp turmeric & 1/4 tsp salt . Mix well .
2) Now add water as required knead the dough well.
3) Add 1 tbsp of oil and continue to knead the daugh.
4) Further grease 1 tsp oil, cover and rest for 30 mins.
FILLING PURAN IN POLI
1. Firstly, pinch a ball sized dough and flatten well.
2. Also, pinch a ball sized puran (chana dal stuffing) place the puran in center of dough.
3. Furthermore, dust the ball with wheat flour and flatten with hand.
4. Roll in one direction making sure the puran poli is thin.
5. Now put the rolled puran poli over hot tawa.
6. Allow roasting on medium flame until it puffs up.
7. Grease oil/ghee and flip over and cook
both sides pressing slightly.
8. Finally, serve puran poli with ghee.