This is one of my very favorite breakfast dish. A beautiful twist to our regular puris makes it stand out and tastes just soo delicious. Pair it up with raita,a charming or any veggie of your choice and u are good to go.
•3 aloo / potato (boiled)
•2 cup wheat flour / atta
•2 tbsp rava / semolina (fine)
•1/4 tsp turmeric
•1/2 tsp chilli powder
•1/2 tsp cumin powder
•1/2 tsp garam masala powder
•1/4 tsp ajwain / carom seeds
•1 tsp kasuri methi (crushed)
•1/2 tsp salt
•Water (for kneading)
•Oil (for frying)
1. Firstly, in a large bowl take 2 cup of wheat flour and 2 tbsp rava.
2. Also add 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp ajwain, 1 tsp kasuri methi and 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Mix well making sure all the spices are well combined.
4. Further, add mashed potatoes and mix well.
5. Add water and start to knead the
6. Make sure to knead the dough adding water as required.
7. Knead to a smooth and tight dough.
8. Also, add 2 tbsp oil and knead the dough.
9. Now take a ball and roll using a rolling pin.
10. Roll to slightly thick.
11. Drop the rolled dough into the hot oil.
12. Press until the poori puffs up and splash oil to puff up fully.
13. Flip over and fry until it turns golden brown.
14. Finally, drain off the aloo poori and is ready to enjoy with sabzi or pickle.