This dal recipe is a delicious north indian dish just soo perfect for your lunch or dinner meals with rice or roti. With the goodness of protein this is a very easy to make delicious and yummy recipe. Check it out and try it for your meals .
——- RECIPE ——-
-Whole black gram ( urad dal)- 1 cup
– Water as required
– Salt to taste
– Turmeric powder – 1/2th tsp
– Ghee – 3 tbsp
– Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
– Hing (asafoetida) – 1/2 tsp
– Chopped onion- 2 medium
– Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
– Tomato puree – 1 cup
– Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
– Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
– Garam masala – 1 tsp
– Kasuri methi – 1 tsp ( roasted )
– Butter – 2 tbsp
– Fresh cream – 4 tbsp
1) Take 1 cup of black urad dal in a large bowl add enough water and soak overnight or atleast for 8 hours.
2) Rinse the dal in a running water and transfer into a cooker add 3 cups of water. Also add some salt to taste.
3) Close the lid and pressure cook on medium flame for 5 whistles. or till the dal are cooked completely.
4) In a large kadai add 3 tbsp of ghee and 1 tsp cumin seeds when it splutters
add hing and saute for few seconds.
5) Add finely chopped onions and saute till they change in colour.
5) Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds, add tomato puree and cook until oil releases.
6) Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and mix well.
7) Once the masalas start releasing oil from sides, add cooked dal and give a good stir.
8) Adjust the consistency by adding 1 cup of water or as required.
9) Add salt to taste, garam masala, roasted kasuri methi and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes.
10) Add butter and fresh cream and cook for 2-3 mins. Your dal makhani is ready to serve hot with rice, roti, paratha.