CHOCOLATE FRUIT & NUT CAKE
Chocolate cake is a must have and with fruit n Nut it’s just soo perfect for Christmas Eve. Check out this amazing recipe for your last year bake item and enjoy it this winter.
FOR THE CAKE
– Maida – 1 cup
– Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
– Baking powder – 1 tsp
– Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
– Cinnamon powder- 1/4 tsp
– Grated nutmeg – 1/8 tsp
– Orange zest – 1/2 tsp
– Refined oil – 1/2 cup
– Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
– Egg – 4
– Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
– Juice of one orange
– Raisins – 1/4 cup
– Dried apricots – 1/4 cup (chopped)
– Dates – 1/4 cup (chopped)
– Tutti frutti – 1/2 cup
– Almonds – 1/4 cup (chopped)
– Cashews- 1/4 cup (chopped)
– Walnuts – 1/4 cup (chopped)
1. In a saucepan, take orange juice, add tutti frutti, raisins, dried apricots, dates to the juice mix and socks for 1 hour .
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C and grease the tin and place the parchment paper.
3. In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, the spices and orange zest and set aside.
4. Whisk together brown sugar and oil in a separate bowl until pale and well combined.
5. Now add the eggs to the oil and sugar mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla essence.
6. Gently fold in the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined and there are no large flour pockets in the batter. Do not over mix at this stage.
7. Now add soaked dry fruits and nuts .
Mix gently making sure the dry fruits are well combined and transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
8. Sprinkle some nuts and dry fruits on the top .
9. Bake at 180 degree C for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Allow the cake to cool and enjoy your chocolate fruit and nut cake .