This is another bong delicacy which is extremely famous and just soo easy to make. “Bhapa” means “steamed” and this recipe is perfect for a rainy lazy day lunch. Rich in flavors and makes you crave for more.
Checkout this super simple and easy to make recipe.
– Prawn/Chingri mach – 250 gm
– Yellow mustard seeds – 1 tsp
– Black mustard seeds – 1 tsp
– Grated coconut – 4 tbsp
– Yogurt – 4 tbsp
– Green chilli- 4 nos
– Slitted green chilli – 3 nos
– Salt – as per your taste
– Sugar- 1/4 tsp
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Mustard oil – 3 tbsp
1) Shell, devein and wash the prawns. Marinate the prawns with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder . Mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
2) In a blender jar add 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds, 1tsp black mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp salt and blend into a fine powder.
3) Now add 4 tbsp grated coconut ,4 green chilli, 1/4 tsp sugar and 4 tbsp yogurt and blend into a smooth paste.
4) Take a steel tiffin box . Add marinated prawns, prepared masala paste, turmeric powder, salt to taste, 3 slitted green chillies and 3 tbsp mustard oil.
5) Add little water and mix everything well. Close the lid and rest for 5-6 minutes.
6. Heat a pan and place a stand at the bottom . Pour water making sure it doesn’t reach up to more than half the height of tiffin box . Once the water comes to boil place the tiffin box on the stand . Cover the pan and steam on medium flame for 15 minutes.
7) Remove from the pan and allow it to rest for 5-6 minutes.
8) Serve hot Bhapa Chingri with hot steamed rice.