– Chicken, large pieces with bones- 1 kg
FOR THE MARINATION
– Salt-2 tsp , Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tbsp
– Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt (thick) – 6 tbsp
ONION CASHEW PASTE
– Onion, sliced- 3 medium onions -Cashew nuts- 16
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 3 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
– Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tsp
– Readymade Tomato Purée- 6 tbsp
-Room temperature Cow Milk – 150 ml
– Fresh Cream-4 tbsp
– Chaat Masala- 1 tsp
– Kasuri Methi, dry roasted – 2 tsp
– Oil – 5 tbsp , Salt as per taste
1) Marinate the chicken pieces with ingredients specified and set it aside for 30 mins.
2) Now take a pan, heat 1.5 tbsp oil and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat till light brown in color and then add the cashew nuts. Mix and continue to fry for another 1-2 mins. Now set aside, cool and grind it to a paste by adding around 2-3 tbsp water.
3) To fry the chicken pieces, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side without the extra marinade. Fry on medium to high heat for 3 mins and then flip the pieces. Continue to fry on medium heat on each side till uniformly browned.
4) Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger garlic paste. Fry on low heat for 2 mins and then add the tomato puree.
5) Give a mix for a minute and then add the Onion-Cashew Paste. Mix and fry on medium heat for 4-5 mins till oil separates.
6) Add all the Spice Powders and 1/2 tsp salt and cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins till oil separates. Now switch off heat and add the room temperature
milk (boiled and cooled) and give a mix. Switch on heat.
7) Keep stirring for 3-4 mins on low to medium heat till cooked and oil separates.
8) Now add the fried chicken pieces and mix it well. Keep mixing and frying the chicken pieces on medium heat for 3-4 mins till oil separates.
9) Now add 250 ml water, give a mix and cover and cook on low heat for 15 mins till chicken is cooked and oil separates.
10) Now add the cream, chaat masala and dry roasted Kasuri Methi.
11)Mix and cook on low heat for 2-3mins.