CARAMEL PUDDING WITHOUT EGG
Winters are impossible without lucious silky smooth and fluffy puddings. This is made without egg so that everyone can enjoy the recipe for snacks or dessert after a hearty meal. Try it out and hope you like it.
FOR SUGAR CARAMEL
– Sugar- 1/4 cup
FOR CUSTARD MIXTURE
– White bread – 4 slices
– Milk – 2 cups
– Sugar- 1/4 cup
– Custard powder – 1/4 cup (vanilla flavoured)
1.Firstly, in a pan take 1/4 cup sugar and heat on low to medium flame.
2. Stir in between until sugar melts completely.
3. Continue to heat on low to medium flame until the sugar turns golden brown. This stage of sugar is called caramelized sugar.
4. Pour the caramelized sugar into a bowl and swirl slightly to coat the wall of the bowl. keep aside.
5. Now take 4 bread slices, and trim off the sides.
6. Pulse into crumbs using a mixi. make sure to pulse and blend and not make a paste. keep aside.
7. In a large bowl, take 2 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup custard powder.
8. Whisk and mix well until everything is well combined. make sure there are no lumps.
9. Transfer the milk mixture into a large kadai and cook on medium flame until the milk thickens.
10. Now add in crumbled bread and mix well.
11. Continue to cook until the mixture turns super creamy and thick.
12. Pour the mixture into the bowl of
13. Heat kadai with some water place a stand inside and let the water come to a boil.
14. Place the bowl on the stand in the kadai close the bowl and then close the kadai . Steam for 40-45 minutes on medium low flame.
15. Cool completely and refrigerate
for 1 hour or until it sets completely.
16. Finally, unmould and enjoy caramel pudding.
This is my contribution to the
Sugar & caramel Collab
Hosted by :